Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tis the Season...to be Gluten Free?


Not!

My whole life Thanksgiving was not Thanksgiving without Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and Christmas was not Christmas without Cinnamon Bread...what is a girl to do?

Found this recipe on a blog and figured I would share it with you all!  Turns out I don't have to miss out on the goodies after all!

Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cinnamon Roll & Crescent Roll Dough 
  • 1 quart So Delicious Coconut Milk (I used the Original, in the red carton).
  • 1 cup Vegetable Oil (I used Sunflower Oil)
  • 2 packages Active Dry Yeast (I used Red Star)
  • 8 cups (Plus 1 Cup Extra, Separated) Better Batter Gluten Free All Purpose Flour(or try your own blend, just be sure to add the xanthan gum)
  • 1 teaspoon (heaping) Baking Powder
  • 1 teaspoon (scant) Baking Soda
  • 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Salt
  • 2 cups Sugar (omit for crescent rolls)
  • Generous Sprinkling Of Cinnamon (omit for crescent rolls)
Visit The Pioneer Woman for the instructions and a full photo tutorial.
To assemble the crescent rolls:
I baked the crescent rolls at 375° F. for approximately 10 – 12 minutes, placing a loose sheet of foil over the rolls halfway though to prevent excessive browning.
I was really surprised at how well the crescent rolls held up over the course of a few daysA quick 30-second zap in the microwave and it was as if I had just pulled them out of the oven!
I assembled a ton of the pigs-in-a-blanket, then froze them (unbaked).  All you need to do then is thaw them to room temperature and bake at 375° for approximately 15 minutes! Wellshire Farms Cocktail Franks are: gluten-free, dairy/casein-free, corn-free, nut-free, soy-free.
We will for sure be waking up to these cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning!
The following are all gluten-free recipes from some phenomenal foodies and I encourage you to visit each of their blogs, it will blow your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment