Friday, January 25, 2013

Abiding in Him

I have been so refreshed by the Lord's presence the past couple of days.  I've been asking Him for a couple of weeks for this refreshment but little did I realize that I was not spending time in His presence.

Sure I would open my Bible at least once a day.  Sure I was muttering little prayers throughout the day. But "abiding" is an entirely different thing, and I have been totally missing the mark in that department.

"As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me... If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.  By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples."  John 15:4,7-8

If you followed the logic in those verses it's saying that when we abide in Him and in His Word, we are His disciples, but if we are not abiding, we cannot be His disciples.  It's impossible.  I've tried.  It's not pretty trying to be a disciple when you exclude Jesus from the equation.  He's kind of a key element.

Pray friends.  Spend time abiding at the foot of His throne.  He delights in it.  And by this the Father is glorified.  Cast your cares upon Him, because He cares for you.  Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment