Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tastiest Gluten Free Pancakes To Date

Imagine...coconut infused, oat, flax, yogurt, chocolate goodness...in a pancake!

It gets better...I consider this GF Bisquick-based recipe my crowning achievement because not only is it quick and easy, it's healthy, AND my husband absolutely loves them.

So here it is...

1 C GF Bisquick Mix
1 C milk (dairy or almond)
1 egg
1/4 C Greek yogurt (I used Honey flavoured "Greek Goddess")
2 T coconut oil (in liquid form please)
2 T flax meal
1/4-1/2 C whole oats (you be the judge)
semi-sweet chocolate chips (as many or as few as you like)

Whisk everything except the chips together in a batter bowl.  Of course you CAN mix the chips in.  I just don't because my Dad always sprinkled them while the cakes were on the griddle.

I like to coat the griddle with coconut oil, and I like my pancakes small enough for easy spatula-flipping. Again, Dad-Dad-Daddio's the one to blame for this one. ;)

I think pancakes are pretty self explanatory from here.

Unlike some, these pancakes are actually awesome reheated too. They don't even need butter and syrup because they're so moist!

~Bon Appetit Friends~



No comments:

Post a Comment