Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Banana Coffee Cake!



Okay, so I had two overripe bananas...naturally I had to make banana bread!  However, I was lacking on some key ingredients for the recipe....so I improvised! 

First of all, we don't have a loaf pan in my new house so I used a round cake pan.  Also, the recipe calls for buttermilk but I'm not one to keep buttermilk on hand so I used Organic Vanilla Yogurt...GREAT alternative.  It made the cake fabulously moist.  Lastly, since it was a coffee cake versus a loaf, I wanted to make crumble topping.  Unfortunately at this point my brain went to "la-la-land" and I SOFTENED the butter....big mistake when you're shooting for "crumble" topping.  Softened butter doesn't crumble, so what I ended up with was more of a sweet, crunchy crust on the top of the cake!  So no complaints.  It turned out deliciously. :)  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment